Sunday, August 14, 2011

Vacaciones en Veracruz!!

Hooooooooola!! Pues, my dance summer program ended, and I've been on vaca time the past few weeks. Something I must say about Mexico, it has definitely taught me to slow down. I never thought I'd be able to just BE in one spot for more than 30 mins. But, I've definitely proven myself wrong. Can;t say I really like it... Just something I had to adjust to.

Anyway.... The past couple of weeks were full of dance classes, beaches, bus rides, and beer. Jajaja. I ended my summer dance program with 'Beat it.' They begged to learn something by MJ, and I finally caved. Ja! It was suuuuuper cute. Glad I did it- I can now mark teaching little girls to tap dance and imitate Michael Jackson in a foreign country off of my list of things to do. Other than that... I've been making it a point to visit little towns near Xalapa. I went to Naolinco last weekend. Super cute little town that specializes in Leather and shoe making! I definitely had to take advantage of this. And may need to go back before heading out of Xalapa. Jaja!




I FINALLY had a chance to make it to the beach. I spent a couple of days in Chachalacas. Its la playa closest to Xalapa. Not pretty, but a beach, and freaking HOOOOOOOOOOOTT. Seriously.






AND, I FINALLY made it to el Festival AfroCaribeno en Veracruz!! Cada ano, I barely miss it. And, por fin, I was here! Even better, we got to see La Toto La Momposina, for free, front row!!! YESSSSS. I LOVE this woman- amazing singer with amazing tambores to back her up. The show was moved inside due a Hurricane warning por el Malecon, pero sigo REALLY good!!
They didn't play my favorite song, but I think I'll live. Especially since We got to meet her!!!





And, Last but not least... a night of Salsa Dancing with some of my favorites! I'm definitely feeling the 4am dance and beer. But, Life's worth living, right?! FUN time in Xalapa and beyond. But what to do next.... :)





No comments:

Post a Comment