Monday, September 14, 2009

In the now, in the now....

Well...

it is now mid-september. Apparently, I am not too good at this keeping up with a blog thing...

So many stories, so much fun, so much life has happened in the past month and a half. Mexico was AMAZING. Couchsurfing change my entire trip- I would not have had the same ins as I did, and would not have had such great experiences everywhere I went. I fell in love with the country, the culture, the history, the people. I have never been surrounded by such awesome people who were way more than hospitable enough. Living with a bunch of boys in D.F., south part of Oaxaca with a bunch of locals, amazing family treating me like their own in Veracruz, and REAL family in Orizaba. Even the tattoo artist who i stumbled upon in D.F. made me a rockabilly cd just as quick as I mentioned wanting one. Just amazing people, everywhere I went. This trip reinforced my idea that if you are open and willing to accept and trust people and experiences, even if you don't know them or the city or the language, amazing things will come. And I would rather live by this, than by fear... never actually living.

My need to "find some roots" was more than fullfilled. I found that and so much more. An indesribable love for this place. Everywhere I went had a different touch. A different vibe, but all great. I finally am able to embrace this place that is part of my history. I wish i had more time. I want to go back, I NEED to go back. I need to see more, to be there longer, to have a more established existence there... for a bit. I'm working on it. As I type.

I was super depressed and in my own world for a couple weeks after getting back... I've since adjusted back to SF a bit more, remembered how amazing it is, how much I freakin' love this city. I have been making it a point to keep living in SF... while traveling, escpecially alone in a new area, you have to be in the moment. You have to see everything around you. You have to be willing to open up to people around you. But... once at home, I always get pulled into this boring routine life... more of a mindset really. I have really been trying to avoid this, and just DOING in SF, too. Group meet ups, new bars, new people... and have been loving every second of it. But... i still want to go back. I made a decision that I will no allow mnyself to be so easily influenced to do because of others... but only to do because of me. Pretty braod comment... but applies to everything. And makes a lot of sense, I think. SO far, so good.

So... in keeping with actually doing things that I want to do.... I have a pre-25 list I need to keep up (oh my god... in a little over a month, I will be a mother f'in quarter of a century). some I've already done... some I haven't (these are as of this year).. let's see-

-learn spanish
-New country*
-ride my bike across the GG bridge
-get my tap shoes fixed and choreograph a new solo piece
-actually go on a hike
-Learn to surf*

More to come... all I can think of off the top of my head.

Just a few sidenotes...
-I am currently trying to eat as vegan as possible, and have actually been doing pretty good. I just want to cut out dairy for a while... to see how I do. I guess I didn't eat much of it in the first place (except in Mexico. Damn cheese all day and all night).
-I am determined to try a new recipe every week or two. And eat out as rarely as possible, for reasons including money, domesticity, and new recipes.
-I am on a mission to ride my bike a lot more often, as a mode of transportation... finally comfortable enough to ride around the city w/o question. Next on the biking list is to do a giant city ride, photographing graffiti. And posing with them. Just for fun.
-Why is beer so damn good?

Mexico favorites:





No comments:

Post a Comment