Sunday, July 26, 2009

Trying to find an out... with blues in the background

I finally got my record player working... and am ridiculously obsessed with vinyl, again... Something about the scratchy background noise, BASS... its just so real. I got my hands on a super rare Stray Cats recording I've wanted on vinyl for a while. I swear, I'm like a 4 year old in a toy store when it comes to certain things. Especially when I hear a rare Buddy Holly cover. Le sigh...

So, apparently 3-4 beers puts me down for too long the following day, and makes me NEED some biscuits and fake sausage brunch from Pork Store. <3 I am a big fan of BRUNCH, but don't make it out as often as I'd like to. But, I do have to say... Pork Store is one of my favorite places to brunch. The Best Biscuits (and I love me some biscuits) and fake sausage patties. Plus some yummy mimosas (for the hair of the dog, or noon-time starters). Just a damn good place! Not as hipster filled as Boogaloo's (which, also, has some damn good biscuits. plus a wait of like 1 hr, 6 days a week). But still a rad setting with a lot of space.
>Side note< Perhaps I need to make an unofficial brunch list. Hmmm... soon to come.

So, now I'm sitting... listening to some old school blues while my mind goes crazy with "What if's..." I'm just so damn indecisive. It drives me crazy. I need to figure out what I'm doing, for the time being, but can't seem to commit to anything (which is an ongoing theme in my life, generally). I want to explore, but don't know where. Or When. Or how long... At one point can I just say f*** it... and just go? Or does thinking about this too much negate that philosophy? Maybe I just need to get over all the crap that goes through my head, and just do what it is I want. Logistics later...?

Oh well. For now, I'll just chill with Big Mama Thornton.

No comments:

Post a Comment